I started this blog with the intention of writing something short and punchy about Gnarly Joe® Marine Gel. The idea was going to be something along the lines of: “Three Reasons Why...” But for such a deceptively simple-looking product, once I started writing, I couldn’t stop (that’s passion for you: It gets you into all sorts of scrapes). That’s why we’ve ended up here; with an odd-looking eleven reasons why there's more to Marine Gel than meets the eye…
1. Naturally, the Gel reduces the visible effects of fine lines and wrinkles, it refreshes and soothes tired eyes – and combats dark circles. But that’s all fairly standard, and it’s what you came here for (along with the unique blend of nourishing, 100% natural ingredients).
But there’s more…
2. One of the key ingredients in my Eye Gel – in fact, the ingredient that gives the product its name – is Marine Algae. This potent natural ingredient is abundant in cartenoids which stimulate epidermal regeneration (that’s fancy talk for ‘it softens and smooths your skin, and restores skin elasticity’).
Cartenoids lock in moisture, which is especially valuable as our skin loses its ability to retain hydration as we age. Cartenoids also decrease melanin levels, helping to reduce skin pigmentation. It’s also packed with essential fatty acids and sterols, which have a rejuvenating effect on the skin.
3. I spent a great deal of time researching Marine Algae (it’s what passes for fun where I come from). Eventually, I ended up sourcing the ingredient I use from a purpose-built eco facility where the micro-algae is grown. There are two important reasons for doing this:
First, the delicate eco-balance of the oceans is not disrupted by uncontrolled harvesting (this also means there's no pollution of our seas).
Second, by using a strictly controlled environment to cultivate, the purity, integrity and high-quality of the algae is consistently guaranteed.
But there’s more.
4. During growth, algae gives off gases, and even these are repurposed to heat the eco facility. Nothing is wasted, and I thought that was an incredibly elegant solution.
5. Finally, solar panels are used to power the facility to further ensure an ultra-low carbon footprint.
6. Like everything else I produce, Marine Gel is cruelty-free and vegan friendly. But you knew that already and wouldn't have it any other way…
7. Like my other products, Marine Gel is made from the highest-quality concentrated and undiluted natural ingredients, making it great value since you only need to use a small amount. A little goes a long way.
8. A lot of research and design goes the packaging too. My Marine Gel comes in a sealed applicator, which means it's hygienic: you won't accidentally contaminate the Serum by transferring dirt, oil or grease from your fingers. Plus, the contents are protected from dust and dirt in the atmosphere.
9. The phial is heavyweight recyclable cobalt blue glass, so there's no nasty plastic to add to landfill. The dark glass also protects the Gel from harmful sunlight, which would shorten the life of your product.
And still there's more…
10. The bottle has a stainless steel rollerball, which cools and soothes the under-eye area as you apply it. The rollerball provides a soft and gentle way to apply the gel, avoiding harmful drag or stress on the thin and delicate skin under your eye (which can happen when you use a finger).
11. Marine Gel was deliberately designed as a small, 10ml product, so that new customers would have a cost-effective and affordable introduction to the Gnarly Joe® range, because let's face it, we all want high-quality natural skincare but not everyone can afford the stuff they need. So, this product sits neatly and accessibly around the £10 mark.
I hope this demonstrates the care and passion that goes into even the smallest details and lowest-price products in the Gnarly Joe® range, because I believe it’s the small details that accumulate into big changes. If you haven't yet experienced the benefits of using natural ingredients on your skin, this is an excellent place to start.
If you'd like to know more, you can see the full product listing >here<. I'm exceptionally proud of this one and am confident you'll love it. If you try it, drop me a line and let me know how you get on.. I'm exceptionally proud of this one and am confident you'll love it. If you try it, drop me a line and let me know how you got on.